[OpenID] Very Rough Authentication API

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:54:07 UTC 2007

Hello lists!
   I have been reading the specs on API auth systems such as OpenAuth, WSSE,
Facebook API, Google AuthSub, and others.  Based on this reading and my
experiences implementing different auth systems, I have created a draft for
a generic third-party API auth system that will work fine with OpenID,
username/password, or anything else <
http://webos.singpolyma.net/Authentication/TEP>.
   I'm sending this also to the OpenID list, not only because this draft
will work well with OpenID, but because many people in the OpenID community
have a lot of experience in security!  You guys have done an excellent job
of more than doubling my understanding of online security issues since I
first joined this list.  I would readlly appreciate any feedback on
holes/potential holes in my draft.
   Thanks so much,
      Stephen Paul Weber <http://singpolyma.net/>