[OpenID] OpenID Book draft version available for download

Rafeeq Rehman rafeeq.rehman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:42:58 UTC 2007

David,
Thanks for the feedback and yes it definitely makes sense.

I have received many other useful comments from other members of this
mailing list in my personal email. I want to thank all of those who took
time to do this.

I would request members of this mailing list to send me any other use cases
for using OpenID in the enterprise. Specifically, I want to include
sufficient information in the next release of the book related to the
following:

1.       OpenID and SSO.
2.       Integration of OpenID with LDAP, Active Directory and other
traditional solutions for identity management. I believe that OpenID has to
work with existing solutions to be more acceptable in the enterprise
environment.
3.       Cross Company Authentication. I have included one solution for CCA
in the book that I worked on. I am sure there are other use cases as well.
4.       Two factor and OpenID.
5.       OpenID integration with CardSpace (PIP solution is a good example)

I think this book effort will help on the "applied" side of OpenID,
especially new comers to the OpenID world. I think it would also help in
OpenID adoption in general.

Once again thanks a lot for suggestions and encouragements.

Rafeeq Rehman
  _____

This message and any attachments contain confidential information intended
for a specific individual, a specific purpose, and is protected by law. It
can't be used or forwarded to anyone for any other purpose. - If you are not
the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.