[OpenID] openid_url vs openid_identifier

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 21:47:12 UTC 2007

Hello List!
   It seems that between 1.1 and 2.0 OpenID has changed the recommended form
field name from openid_url to openid_identifier.  Considering XRI and other
discussion, this makes sense, however (like much of 2.0, imho) it is more
hidden than stuff was in 1.0.  I only just found out about it.  I think this
sort of this deserves a mention somewhere obvious (either the change or just
the recommendation) -- I haven't yet changed over my implementation, but
plan to.  I just wish I'd known sooner.  It seems many implementations (
mag.nolia, wordpress openid) still use openid_url...

--
- Stephen Paul Weber, Amateur Writer
<http://www.awriterz.org>

MSN/GTalk/Jabber: singpolyma at gmail.com