[OpenID] Trust + Security @ OpenID

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Mon Jul 16 07:51:24 UTC 2007

I made myself a blogspot at http://homepw.blogspot.com/ <http://homepw.blogspot.com/>

I added the text "<link rel="openid.server" href="http://www.jkg.in/openid/" />"  to the head element of my site's template.

I accessed http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page <http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>  trying to sign-in.

At the prompt "Enter your OpenID identifier to log in:" I enter http://homepw.blogspot.com/ <http://homepw.blogspot.com/>

This eventually causes a page to show the trapped exception indicated by the wiki's openid-consumer protocol engine :-

		"Fatal error: Call to a member function addToDatabase() on a non-object in /var/lib/mediawiki1.7/extensions/OpenID/Consumer.php on line 495"

The good thing about this trial was that the http trace indicated the expected protocol flow, the part visible to a browser. By logic, wiki evidently succeeded to do name discovery from http://homepw.blogspot.com/ <http://homepw.blogspot.com/> . Evidence shows the browser got redirect to http://www.jkg.in <http://www.jkg.in> , which redirected browser back to wiki consumer login, which got upset, delivering an exception report.

Ok. this was very good for a first trial, even if it didnt quite work.

Thanks.