[OpenID] Rule of thumb

Eric Norman ejnorman at doit.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 13 19:21:28 UTC 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:

> David from Verisign suggested, that "some" third party organizations
> will perform these services (as for example Webtrust does for CAs),
> however I'd certainly prefer that to be something which would come
> from the OpenID community itself. Or in other words, I think some of
> us should come together and found/operate this service.

Methinks there's an awful lot of RPs that would certainly
prefer not.  They would view this as the fox guarding the
henhouse, to use an old adage.

After all, they are the ones with something at risk.  So
they're not going to listen much if the OpenID community
starts telling them how to do their risk management.  And
rightly so.

Eric Norman
http://ejnorman.blogspot.com