[OpenID] card space and openid. Peter just doesn't get it, yet.

Andrew Tomlinson adt at cannontomlinsonbyrne.com
Thu Jul 12 11:57:39 UTC 2007

I have only seen OpenID + Cardspace expressed as anti-phishing protection
for the user OP protection:

http://www.identityblog.com/?p=659

You appear to know far more about protocols than me, but the only reason I
can think of for using Cardspace with the RP is a way to convey the identity
url and the wish to use OpenID. Then you bounce around in usual fashion.

Seems a bit too much technology to achieve very little benefit. Why not
simply offer Cardspace and OpenID as separate options at the RP? Anything
more seems like a massive shoehorn.

Maybe I am missing something too ;)

Andrew