[OpenID] [from Marketing] I object to OpenID whitelists

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Thu Jul 5 18:18:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-07 at 14:12 +0300, Martin Paljak wrote:

> You can't enforce the way applications are built or organizations
> work. You can't dictate the way OpenID is used. RP decides what is
> good, why is good and how is good enough for it to operate and
> there's nothing others can do.

I've found that one of the great entry points for OpenID is two-way or
multi-way closed trust systems. The big use case for many administrators
seems to be letting users from another "partner" site log into their own
site, and vice versa. Only after this relationship is established do
some admins enable more open trust relationships.

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou - evan at prodromou.name - http://evan.prodromou.name/