[OpenID] Sharing OpenID between sites (and APIs)

Tan, William William.Tan at neustar.biz
Mon Jan 29 01:54:16 UTC 2007

There are privacy concerns here. If someone clicks on a link on the page
with an openid_url=ID or lid=ID query parameter, it will show up in the
referrer log of the target site. While it's not a password, it's still
valuable information identifying the user.

Can't the RP implement a long-lived cookie that remembers the user, so
that when a user revisits the site after a few days it'll check if the
user is logged on at the IdP?

=wil