[OpenID] Teenagers do not need OpenID

Dave Kearns dkearns at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:35:40 UTC 2007

From: Chris Messina

> If you were to offer to those same teens the ability to unite their
> WII and Playstation friends, they might think differently. Or, in
> limited application (importing only a few friends at a time) this
> functionality might actually be useful.

This is exactly what I was complaining about earlier, Chris. This is a
'self-centric,' rather than 'user-centric' view of identity data. Suppose
that the WII friends and the PS3 friends don't want to be united? What gives
this person the right to aggregate identity data? I, for one, don't want
anyone spreading my name/contact data around at THEIR whim.

-dave