[OpenID] OpenId Chance

Dan Libby danda at videntity.org
Fri Jan 26 21:03:03 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

At Videntity.org, we've been playing with some of these ideas.  First, we've
had XFN relationships for a long time ( a year or so ) between videntity.org
identities and 3rd party web identities ( verified by openid ).

In the last couple of days, I've also added hcard support.  So if you go to a
profile page, eg: http://danda.videntity.org, then all the _public_ profile
data is available in hcard, vcard, and foaf form.  The hcard contains links
to your outgoing xfn relationships. (those that you have asserted).

One does not need to register with videntity to use this service. Rather, you
can login using openid with any openid server.

I wrote a little about it here:
http://wiki.www.videntity.org/wiki/Main_Page#2007-01-25_:_HCards.2C_PingTheSemanticWeb.com.2C_and_more

regards,

Dan Libby