[OpenID] Marginally interesting use case.

Patrick Harding pharding at pingidentity.com
Thu Jan 25 18:16:58 UTC 2007

That sounds just like microid (www.microid.org).

-----Original Message-----
From: general-bounces at openid.net on behalf of Ben Hyde
Sent: Thu 1/25/2007 12:42 PM
To: openid-general
Subject: [OpenID] Marginally interesting use case.

There is a very slight analogy, enough to confuse the casual
observer, between OpenID's plumbing where by user-persona prove they
'own' a web page and Google's plumbing which allows webmasters to
claim a website.  Google uses that to intermediate access to their
webmaster tools[1].

In the google scenario they give you a blob, you put it on your site
or in page metadata.  Your ability to put it on the page acts as
proof you have control over the site or page.

I was pleased to discover that multiple persona can lay claim to the
same page.  A use case that seems quite sensible to me.  The set of
persona that manage these sites are many.

  - ben

[1] http://www.google.com/webmasters/