[OpenID] What does Sxipper do?

Ben Laurie benl at google.com
Tue Jan 23 10:19:28 UTC 2007

So, it's been mentioned several times that Sxipper defends against the
MitM attack on IdPs. But how? I can't find any information on it.

Also, I know several people that would be interested in trying Sxipper
but have declined to download it due to the lack of a visible licence.

Finally, isn't this a little naughty? Front page:

"Trustworthy - encrypts your personal data and stores it on your computer"

Release notes:

"Encrypting profile store

Your profile data is saved on your hard drive, it is currently not encrypted."