[OpenID] Announcing OpenID Authentication 2.0 - Implementor'sDraft 11

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Tue Jan 23 01:54:49 UTC 2007

I said that PKI was successful and that SSL fulfilled its goals.

I did not say that the goals of PKI had been fullfilled nor is that relevant in the slightest. PKI works, it is a useful tool. The only people who don't accept that are people who never understood PKI or what it might be used for and so imagined a set of strawman goals that were idiotic, impossible and not suprisingly never fullfilled.

SSL uses PKI, so does PGP. Even SSH uses a limited form of PKI.

There is a competitive market in CA services.