[OpenID] OpenID 2.0 test suite?

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Sat Jan 20 00:00:07 UTC 2007

Last summer, OpenID Bounty Program <http://iwantmyopenid.com/bounty>
wrote:
> To participate in the bounty, you must:
>
>       * Pass the OpenID compliance testing tool (to be released in
>         August 2006).

So the snarky answer is that yes, there are plans, or rather there may
have been but apparently we need new ones.  ;)

I agree that it's definitely a valuable, if not vital, resource to have
for the OpenID development community.  Just at the moment I'm not sure
how much I can dedicate to helping build that, but I'm going to have to
update the existing tools[1] and we have a lot of cross-implementation
compatibility testing to do anyway, so I do want to find some time in my
schedule to work on this.

So, um, send flowers to the people who influence my schedule?  And let
me know if you have any ideas on how to organize an
implementation-independent test suite.  Unlike HTML, our interface must
necessarily be a little more complex than "read the static files in this
archive", and I'm open to suggestions on how to best do that in a
portable fashion.

Thanks,

 - Kevin

1: http://www.openidenabled.com/resources/openid-test/