[OpenID] Announcing OpenID Authentication 2.0 - Implementor's Draft 11

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Fri Jan 19 03:35:41 UTC 2007

So with great pleasure I get to announce the culmination of about nine
months of work between the OpenID, XRI, Sxip, and LID communities in the
drafting of OpenID Authentication 2.0.  This evening the editors have
published the final draft of the spec, which we now feel is in a solid
state for public implementations.

There are already implementations in various languages
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/heraldry/libraries/,
http://code.google.com/p/openid4java/,
http://code.google.com/p/openid4perl/) supporting this spec and more
will emerge over the next few weeks.

There will be another draft of the spec before it is considered final,
though unless unforeseen implementation problems emerge these changes
will be further wordsmithing and cleanup.

http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-2_0-11.html (dated today)

Cool? Cool!

--David