[OpenID] Where can I get a free i-name?

Dmitry Shechtman damnian at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 11:32:32 UTC 2007

> There's no reason why the display identifier and the key identifier have
> to be the same, as long as you've ensured that the substitution is valid.

...further complicating already overly complicated implementation. I have
started integrating OpenID into an existing system, and it wasn't too
pleasant an experience, even before XRI support was considered.

> (Though there are questions about correctly cleaning all this up later
> when the i-name gets reassigned and the new owner signs in.)

That shouldn't be much of a problem. The i-name is just another property of
the user, so it can be easily reassigned to another one (replacing the old
i-name display with i-number?).

Regards,
Dmitry
=damnian