[OpenID] Fwd: OpenID Spoofing

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 11:11:38 UTC 2007

Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> # Maybe I don't have sufficient knowledge of CardSpace, but then
> # again, I don't feel compelled to fill that particular void.
>
> If you don't care enough to learn about it, then you're not qualified
> to express any opinions one way or the other.

Perhaps not from a technical perspective, but I'd agree that for many
people (for better or worse) anything that starts with "Microsoft" is
automatically evil until proven otherwise. Since Cardspace is new, it's
still perceived as evil by such people.

Since we're trying to market OpenID to people who perhaps don't have
much knowledge about identity technologies, these initial connotations
and associations are important.