[OpenID] Where can I get a free i-name?

Brad Topliff brad.topliff at ootao.com
Fri Jan 12 19:57:14 UTC 2007

> Brad Topliff wrote:
> > It worked pretty flawlessly for me using my iname (Linksafe hosted) as
> an
> > OpenID login, *except* that it showed my inumber instead of my iname on
> > the authentication page (I could still authencate..."hello
> > xri://!3232....").
>
> Did you authenticate to LinkSafe with your inumber? I believe this is how
> the library handles XRIs.

Yes.  User Experience-wise it was different than expected (and therefore
bad).  I am used to seeing my i-name appear there, as it has every other
time I have authenticated.  I can't speak to whether or not this is how the
libraries generally handle XRI's but since I have seen it work *correctly*
before, I have to assume it is an implementation issue.  If I am wrong, it's
because Marketing/User Experience people like me shouldn't make such
assumptions out loud. ;)