[OpenID] Temporarily redirecting one's identity?

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Wed Jan 10 05:07:39 UTC 2007

Kevin Turner wrote:

> but my personal impulse is to say YAGNI and not make distinctions
> between types of redirects in the OpenID spec.

If you go with YAGNI, then I'd suggest that you treat all redirects as
temporary.  Treating permanent redirects as temporary at worst
suboptimal, but otherwise acceptable.  Treating temporary redirects as
permanent is a bug.

Martin's proposed text allows for implementations to treat everything as
temporary, and allows -- but does not require -- those that care to do
so to treat permanent redirects as special.

- Sam Ruby