[OpenID] Dumb Question: Why isn't http://xri.net/=bobwyman an OpenID?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Jan 4 17:50:40 UTC 2007

Joaquin, sorry, it was getting very late last night, so I didn't put in the
full rule, which appears on the XRI TC wiki page on XRI Syntax 2.1,
specifically:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/Xri2dot1Formats#head-53d6e9e25a1fc09b
79a3e624f2618f7c5d54ba69

The rule says:

A HXRI proxy resolution service is identified by an HTTP(S) URI in which:

1.      The least significant domain name begins with "xri." AND

2.      The first character of the path is a GCS character (!, =, @, +, $),
i.e., the starting character of a canonical XRI.

These two rules together should produce an diminimus number of false
positives.

=Drummond

  _____