[OpenID] Read/Write Web on OpenID vs the Incumbents

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 06:24:01 UTC 2007

Not a glowing article but does point out issues that I think belong in
a public, authoritative FAQ:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/openid_vs_bigco.php

Notable questions:

1. What if I don't want to centralize my identity?
2. Is OpenID really decentralized? Is that a good thing? Why? Who do I
go to for support if something goes wrong?
3. Who supports OpenID? How do I know?
4. etc

I started a bar bones FAQ page that I'd love to see folks add to... I
didn't see another page serving this purpose, so if I've duplicated
work, I apologize. Just point me in the right direction to channel
this effort... ;)

http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ

Chris

--