[OpenID] Anti-XRI FUD

Peter Davis peter.davis at neustar.biz
Wed Jan 3 19:36:25 UTC 2007

FWIW, there is nothing decentralized about openID.  It's rooted in either
the '.' DNS namespace (centralized), or via IANA-controlled address
assignments. Please explain how DNS centralization is any better or worse
than iNames centralization.

I except arguments that it is better to have a totally decentralized
addressing scheme, and for that, I suggest folks inspect the Liberty
Alliance ID-WSF specification suite [1].  That is precisely what has been
architected there.

To make the claim that iNames introduces centralization where non existed
before (in openID) is disingenuous.

=peterd

=peterd  ( http://xri.net/=peterd )