[OpenID] Anti-XRI FUD

Kaliya * Kaliya at mac.com
Wed Jan 3 17:35:55 UTC 2007

Let me be really clear.
 I like URL's for SSO.  I think they  are great. I have since the first I
heard about them.
  I think  the model is very empowering truly (except for the domain name
part) decentralized.  I think it will be great for millions of web literate
folks.   Weather they have their own domain or if they just have a blog and
use that URL.  The way wiki travel is doing it to support interop between
the different wiki travel sites is cool too.

I want to see this model flourish.

This is a Yes AND situation. The AND is I don't think it will work for
'everyone' and particularly the user communities that I got inspired to try
and build social networks for the Spiritual Activists.  There are lots of
web-literate folks on this list who can weave their way through domain
naming and setting up stuff on their servers. I feel that part of my role is
to speak up for those who are less technically savy and what could work for
them in a ubiquitous identity layer.

Diversity is good. Collaboration is good.
I hope we can all get along.
=Kaliya