[OpenID] "Free" URLs and XRIs (was RE: why is xri so obtuse?)

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Tue Jan 2 17:27:19 UTC 2007

I just want to say I agree with Dave and Bob both on this simple point:
although the OpenID framework supports both URLs and XRIs, nothing requires
the use of XRIs. If you want to use URLs exclusively, you can.

And Dave is right, the XRI community will make sure that any developer who
needs one or more i-names or i-numbers to test their implementations can get
them at no cost. At a minimum LinkSafe offers this option now (see
www.linksafe.name <http://www.linksafe.name/> , bottom link), and we will
encourage all XDI.org-Accredited I-Brokers to offer this service to
developers.

=Drummond

  _____