[OpenID] OpenID For Web Services

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 14:29:16 UTC 2007

Hi George... I had to strip your HTML so I hope I got the gist of your
message. We don't all use HTML MUAs you know.

George Fletcher <gffletch at aol.com> writes:

> Very interesting. Are these long term certificates?

Could be. Again, that's up to the user. I'd suggest that if a user
wanted a long term relationship like:

  photo site -> blog

then they'd be granting that cert for a long time. They'll also be able
to turn the cert off at any time.

> Will prooveme.com manage the generation of new certificates and
> delivery to flickr when the old one is about to expire? or will that
> be the user's responsibility?

Yes.

I'd hope that if certificates take off in anyway we can come up with
more protocols, this time for distributing certificates automatically.

--
Nic Ferrier