[OpenID] LDAP-to-OpenID gateway?

Brendan O'Connor openid at ussjoin.com
Mon Feb 26 15:32:06 UTC 2007

What we did (here at Johns Hopkins) is make the account creation step
verify against our LDAP directory the existence of an account before
allowing the creation to go through; that's about a six-line addition to
the PIP code in heraldry, but the code we did wasn't added to heraldry.

This met our needs, but you might want to do the (also very small)
checks for existence on login, too, if your users have a time when
they'd become deactivated, or additional changes depending on need. The
Ruby LDAP stuff is pretty easy to use, but if you'd like our code
(written by the Systems head of the local ACM chapter), let me know and
I'll send it offlist.

---Brendan O'Connor