[OpenID] Higgens

Scott Hanselman Scott at Corillian.com
Thu Feb 15 09:27:55 UTC 2007

No worries. It's the crisis of my own ignorance - a turn of phrase.  I'm
the Chief Architect of Corillian - we were involved in the MSFT press
release as we have CardSpace integration for our finance server, and I'm
trying to understand the identity ecosystem so that we can effectively
support any "Identity 2.0" technology, all identity selectors, etc. Just
as I was getting my head around the players, I missed Higgins, that's
all.

I'm also giving a talk at the SAO (www.sao.org) tomorrow along with
Scott from Jan Rain and I want to make I grok as much as possible to as
to present reality clearly.

Scott Hanselman

From: Paul Trevithick [mailto:paul at socialphysics.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:02 AM
To: Scott Hanselman
Cc: 'Dick Hardt'; general at openid.net
Subject: RE: [OpenID] Higgens

Scott,

Higgins is not an IBM project. It's owned by the community of committers
most of whom do not work for IBM (nor Eclipse!). The Eclipse Foundation
is just like Apache or Mozilla. Anyone can propose a project and host
the project there.

FWIW, I think bridging the OpenID, CardSpace, etc. islands, adding more
direct user control over their data, enhancing privacy, working with the
policy community (e.g. at Berkman) on privacy, etc. is reasonably "far
reaching."

What "crisis" did you have in mind?

-Paul