[OpenID] Higgens

Paul Trevithick paul at socialphysics.org
Thu Feb 15 09:01:33 UTC 2007

Scott,

Higgins is not an IBM project. It's owned by the community of committers
most of whom do not work for IBM (nor Eclipse!). The Eclipse Foundation is
just like Apache or Mozilla. Anyone can propose a project and host the
project there.

FWIW, I think bridging the OpenID, CardSpace, etc. islands, adding more
direct user control over their data, enhancing privacy, working with the
policy community (e.g. at Berkman) on privacy, etc. is reasonably "far
reaching."

What "crisis" did you have in mind?

-Paul

  _____