[OpenID] XRI I18N (Was Re: Benefits of XRI i-names/i-numbers asOpenIDs)

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Feb 14 01:31:30 UTC 2007

+1 to Wil's point that XDI.org needed to balance the ability to have
semantically meaningful and culturally-sensitive identifiers with the need
to protect against phishing attacks.

Also, as Wil's messages point out, we've found that XRI synonym architecture
(the ability to resolve multiple i-names to the same i-number to establish
that they are synonyms for the same logical resource) is a very helpful new
tool for helping solve some (not all) of the difficult issues with semantic
identifiers.

=Drummond