[OpenID] XRI I18N (Was Re: Benefits of XRI i-names/i-numbers asOpenIDs)

Tan, William William.Tan at neustar.biz
Wed Feb 14 01:27:56 UTC 2007

Dmitry Shechtman wrote:
>> Interesting. Does that mean registering =мама would actually lock =mama?
>>

> And how about =тата (try it with Italic Arial)?

That is an interesting point, and nicely explains why we have not opened
up registration for cyrillic. We have yet to see a mature,
well-publicized implementation of Cyrillic from any of the Cyrillic
communities / countries. The Polish registry is the only one that
publishes a Russian table in IANA
http://www.iana.org/assignments/idn/pl-serbian.html and I'm not
convinced they have ironed out all issues (e.g. your example of U+0442
and U+043C are both permitted with no special treatment.)

=wil