[OpenID] Wiki page: Attempting to document the "Email Address as OpenId" debate.

David Fuelling sappenin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 20:53:41 UTC 2007

Hi List,

In light of my recent extension proposal to map Email Addresses to OpenId
URLs, I have setup a wiki page on openid.net that attempts to capture all
the pro/cons/issues that have been shared in the debate over whether this is
a good idea or not.

http://openid.net/wiki/index.php?title=Debating_Emails_as_OpenIds

I have tried as best I can to present a "non-partisan" wiki page that simply
details the pros/cons of each argument.  Basically, the point is to document
all sides of the debate, and *not* to endorse one side or the other.

That said, I'm sure some of my bias is present in the initial wording, so
please feel free to suggest changes to my wording, or make them yourself.

In addition, please add additional arguments and rebuttals as you see fit.
The page is not nearly exhaustive (I plan to add some "arguments in favor" +
rebuttals tomorrow when I have time).

Thanks!

David