[OpenID] Law 1 and EMTs

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri Feb 9 20:31:16 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 11:17:38AM -0600, Jaco Aizenman wrote:
> Jon, in emergency situations, in most countries, security forces will get
> all info needed to save the people. For all other cases the Supreme Court
> and other?s, should protect the fundamental right of not having virtual
> personality (not letting others see your vp content, or  contact you
> without passing your presence  choices).
>
> Eric, my father is a Doctor in CR, and he and others I talked in the health
> sector, want the best(*) content of the patient virtual personality,
> available at all times, in all the places.

Two words: Cost/benefit.

Getting the 'best' patient information to everyone *that needs it*, everywhere,
at all times, *without* disclosing this information to unauthorized persons
is either going to be horrendously expensive, or horrendously insecure
first then horrendously expensive in the resulting litigation from
inevitable security breaches.

How much are you willing to pay an iBroker to accept that liability? Who
is going to pay for it? If you have several hundred thousand to just get
started documenting the security process, and then a few million to
implement it, then let's talk about this more.. But right now, I think
we need to see OpenID deployed for *low risk* information like online
blogs first. If you feel you need to discuss this now, put a dollar
value on it.

> Some local CR actors in the health sector, including Government, want to
> find an iBroker that can provide this service of projecting the medical
> record content,to the right people, at the right time, at the right places.
>
> (*) Just critical content for emergency situations, and the full patient
> medical record for non emergency situations.
>

> On 1/29/07, Jon Callas <jon at pgpeng.com> wrote:
> >

> >Discussions of this sort set off my own special form of paranoia.
> >
> >When I hear that we have to have identity information opened up so
> >the EMTs can get them, I really hear that we need to do this so that
> >the security forces can get them when you're declared an enemy
> >combatant, or attend the wrong public gathering.
> >
> >        Jon
Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz