[OpenID] PR: OpenID.co.uk - "MobileNumber.OpenID.co.uk" as URI

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Feb 9 03:04:46 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

The problem that I was alluding to with phone number recycling is the
case where original owner no longer has the phone number, but doesn't
want to give up the OpenID based on that number. Obviously, rational
people would agree that the ID should be surrendered to the new owner,
but oftentimes lawyers get involved in these issues.

I suppose that this issue isn't much different than domain squatting,
but this is likely to be a legal quandary that many OPs would rather not
have to deal with.

Allen