[OpenID] "The OpenID Directory" launched

Thomas Huhn thomas.huhn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 23:43:11 UTC 2007

Hi Paul,

thanks for all the effort you´ve been putting in testing openiddirectory.com
.

First of all: protectnetwork.org was missing in the section "OpenID
Providers" - I´ve changed this :).

Second - to put the registration process right: Until today me and my team
have done all the registrations. From now on we hope for YOUR support :). I
have to admit that we should have tested all sites one more time, closer to
the launch date. Anyway we have to face the problem of sites changing
without prior notice. http://www.fileformat.info, http://health20.org/,
http://www.sylvainbriant.com, http://www.placeengine.com are typical
candidates, I think. I´ve deleted them from the OpenID Directory.

http://www.phixr.com claims to have OpenID login, but does not.
http://www.suppressionlist.com is simply not working. Stuffopolis worked
with my OpenID from myopenid.com.

All we can say is that the whole OpenID topic is still pretty much
experimental - at least concerning the sites that try to implement this
technically. It may happen more often that OpenID logins appear or disappear
in this early stage of development. As the directory grows, the only chance
to keep on track is relying on people like you, giving us rapid feedback.

Another reason for the problems you noticed seems to be the weak focus most
sites have on a working OpenID login. Some even request redundant data,
that´s right. But should we kick them out of the directory or should we
better mail them a request to solve their problems?

We all know that there´s still a long way to go ...

Thomas

--
Solution Media GmbH
Eugen-Hertel-Strasse 20