[OpenID] AddId! - A useful idea of mine?!

Lukas Rosenstock inbox at lukasrosenstock.net
Mon Feb 5 22:15:19 UTC 2007

Hi Dan!

> Short answer: I think that in this type of case you can present the pre-set
> XFN values to the user, and allow them to use them as-is, or modify them.  I
> think that the common case is that XFN relationships are bi-directional
> ( kin, sweetheart, contact, friend, etc).  So it's a pity to throw that data
> away if it is available.

That's right, maybe just another key-value pair "rel" could help.

> But what about *my* meta data?  Perhaps I have created a personalized title
> for the URL that makes sense to me. I may have added keywords, or written
> some notes about it. Certainly both del.icio.us and firefox bookmark manager
> let one do these things.

In the XFN case its right that there can be useful metadata available.
But you enter that data e.g. on del.icio.us, don't you? So that happens
on the DC site and has nothing to do with AddId!.

> Right. So that's why I suggested mime as a possible way for enumerating
> well-known file-types, without having to update the spec for each one.

That would be possible. I'll consider this.