[OpenID] OpenID Chance II

Adrian.Blakey at kp.org Adrian.Blakey at kp.org
Thu Feb 1 22:42:20 UTC 2007

Taking the medical example you just mentioned - wouldn't it be sensible if
the National provider Id enumerator (see
https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/Welcome.do) was an OpenId identity
provider?

Of course anything sensible like this will never happen - it's health care
:-)

Johannes Ernst <jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us>
Sent by: general-bounces at openid.net
02/01/2007 11:14 AM

sassen at thinsia.com
cc
general at openid.net
Subject
Re: [OpenID] OpenID Chance II

To apply Bob Blakley's terminology, see http://netmesh.info/jernst/
Digital_Identity/limits-of-owning-identity.html

what you are asking for is to augment identity information with
reputation information, in this case an individual's degree (a kind
of reputation using the above terminology) from a reputation source
(e.g. the college where they got the degree).

The technical solution to this can be rather straightforward, as all
that needs to be found out about is a boolean value or similar ("has
degree", "does not have degree"). The much harder problem is an
adoption problem: how does one get all, say, medical schools to make
assertions like that in electronic form?

But on the other question -- I (and NetMesh) are interested in this
subject.