[OpenID] OpenID Chance II

Brad Topliff brad.topliff at ootao.com
Thu Feb 1 19:45:27 UTC 2007

+1 to Chris' comment.

My first question for Citizendium would be who they see as "some trustworthy
authority".  If they are hoping that academia comes together to verify an
attribute, then they probably have a long wait ahead of them.  Now, if they
want to verify the claims themselves and host a "simple" reputation system
on top of OpenIDs that seems much more feasible.  It could be a good use of
i-names too as in @citizenidum*phd*username where you only get that ID if
they have verified your PhD.  Depending on how they segment experts
(degrees, fields of study or both) this system *could* be pretty flexible,
easy to understand and manage.

Of course, there are likely other ways to do this with URL Identifiers and
their own pros and cons.

Brad