[OpenID] OpenID Chance II

Johnny Bufu johnny at sxip.com
Thu Feb 1 19:08:04 UTC 2007

Hi Roland,

On 1-Feb-07, at 10:40 AM, Roland Sassen (using mozilla) wrote:
> Mike Johnson answered:
>
> In short, we'd like a distributed identification system to provide
> users
> with a common login across sites (as OpenID does), but, since we also
> need to know people have the PhDs or MDs they say they do, we'd
> like one
> that also has the ability to actually "authenticate" who users are in
> the real world against some trustworthy authority.

This is exactly what the OpenID Signed Assertions [1] extension does,
using e.g. Attribute Exchange [2] as the transport.

I had a quick look at the citizendium archive but didn't see Mike's
reply there, so I assume he contacted you off-list. Do you know if he
would be interested in having the discussion on the openid list, or
rather on citizendium?

Thanks,
Johnny

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/specs@openid.net/msg00907.html