[OpenID] AddId! - A useful idea of mine?!

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 07:11:10 UTC 2007

I strongly advocate for using XOXO, xFolk, hcard and XFN here.

We've had a lot of conversations about this stuff lately and I think
are starting to make some headway -- more *new* technology is not
needed as you'll adoption severely lacking. Working with existing
technology as a primary principle is essential.

I created a demo hcard on my delegated OpenID:

http://factoryjoe.com/hcard.html

It's extremely basic, but serves as a model for capturing the type of
data you're talking about. You could even conceal things on that page
(like personal relationships) that are only revealed to consumers
against whom you've authenticated.

Anyway, would love thoughts and feedback -- and to avoid coming up
with any new technology unecessarily.

Cheers,

Chris