[OpenID] Anti-OpenID Campaign in Germany

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Wed Apr 25 16:03:35 UTC 2007

There are some serious political plans in Germany to *require* each
ISP to store
  - browsing history of their customers
  - e-mail history
for 6 months, starting in 2008.

http://www.n-tv.de/794665.html for the German speakers.

Whatever data OpenID might be leaking is dwarfed by this ... and
whatever we might be able to do technically in an OpenID context is
completely moot if this legal initiative passes.