[OpenID] ANN: Python OpenID 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Apr 11 13:47:25 UTC 2007

Previously Kevin Turner wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 19:18 +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Is there, or will there be, a document describing how software written
> > for the 1.x versions of the python library have to be updated for the
> > new version?
>
> The included NEWS file says a bit about that.

The NEWS file contains no hints about needed code changes when moving
from 1.2 to 2.0 unfortunately. This is a list of needed changes I could
easily spot before doing any real testing:

* HTTPFetchingError is now found in openid.fetchers instead of
  urljr.fetchers
* yadis is not available as openid.yadis instead of direct yadis
* the request object has a new shouldSendRedirect method which needs to
  be checked before request.redirectURL can be used. If a redirect is
  not used a new formMarkup method must be used to generate a
  redirection html (?)

Wichert.