[OpenID] User-centric criteria & how well current proposals stack up

Eric Norman ejnorman at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 9 19:53:16 UTC 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Dick Hardt wrote:

> On 9-Apr-07, at 8:23 AM, frumioj at mac.com wrote:
>> My point though was that you shouldn't disregard Stefan's list below
>> simply because he sells privacy-enhancing technology which goes a bit
>> (but not much, I hope!) beyond what most users expect of
>> privacy-preserving features in technology.
>>
>> Rather, I think it would suit the OpenID community quite well to
>> consider the aspects noted in Stefan's email, regardless of what you
>> call that.
>
> Agreed. It is a good list of privacy enhancing features and I agree
> that the OpenID community should be aware of them.
>
> I just would not call them user-centric. :-)

Is there a list similar to Stefan's that does characterize
the notion of user-centric?  I'm asking about a list of
yes/no questions that anyone could answer about an identity
system such that the answers would provide a metric for
"user-centricity".

If so, can you remind us where such yes/no questions can
be found?  If not, would it be worthwhile developing such
a list?

I'm not asking about the 7 laws of identity; those aren't
yes/no questions.  However, they might be usable to develop
such a list.

Eric Norman