[OpenID] On the OpenID trademark

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 02:46:24 UTC 2007

My 2¢ on this:

> 1. we need to define the requirements that a product must meet before
> it is allowed to use the OpenID trademark, such as the specifications
> that it needs to conform to

I would say that anything implementing, documenting, or discussing
technologies outlined at <http://openid.net/> is fine.  A news site
about OpenID with no login of any kind should still qualify to
callitself openidnews.com or similar.

> 2. we need to define a process by which the requirements evolve over
> time (e.g. old specs are obsoleted or evolved, new specs are added etc.)

Probably up to the foundation/community when the time comes.  A public
policy document should exist which can be edited to meet this need.
An announcement on this list of a major change to said page would be
required to alert mark users to the change.