[OpenID] use of net.openid vs com.sxip for Java libraries

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Tue Apr 3 23:36:25 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, David Fuelling <sappenin at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 to using net.openid (in some form or fashion) in the package name.  As
> you say, it conveys that this is a community project that everyone can
> participate in and use.  Maybe to prevent collisions, the openid4java code
> should sit in 'net.openid.sxip' or 'net.openid.openid4java' package...?

There is at least one more Java OpenID 2 implementation (not to
mention OpenID 1 implementations), so I think a little more
namespacing than just net.openid (such as the net.openid.openid4java
that you suggested) is appropriate. In general, it's probably a good
idea for the OpenID foundation to have a policy about managing its
namespaces, but I think the people who are working on the foundation
are currently in the process of frying larger fishes.

Josh