[OpenID] openid server conformance testing or 'black box' unit tests?

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Mon Apr 2 19:27:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 19:48 -0700, Johnny Bufu wrote:

> - the openid.session_type param is missing from the association
> request (if I'm reading the specs right, it's not optional in either
> OpenID 1.x or 2.0)

My reading is that anything that defines a default is optional.
(otherwise, when does the default apply?)  There is a default value for
this in 1.1, but I think not in 2.0.

> However, I think the test script / page should accept a blank value
> for the session param.

I think you're right.  I also feel that passing null values with this
protocol is an odd thing to do and I would discourage it, but it
probably should be accepted as a valid value.