[OpenID - Eu] Invitation for the OSOR.eu workshop on eID

Szabolcs.SZEKACS at ec.europa.eu Szabolcs.SZEKACS at ec.europa.eu
Wed Sep 24 16:44:38 UTC 2008

Dear OpenID Representatives.

The OSOR.eu workshop on eID/eSecurity/PKI open source software will be held in Brussels on November 13th. This meeting is planned as a "kick-off" of the new eID Community on OSOR.eu.

You are kindly invited to present OpenID and successful projects using the authentication solution.  As we are drafting the agenda, could someone from OpenID confirm their attendance and presentation title by this Friday? We at OSOR.eu feel, that your contribution would be very beneficial to the forming community around our site.

The European Commission - IDABC Unit from DIGIT - will reimburse travel costs. The speaker from OpenID will receive a formal invitation.

Kind regards,

Szabolcs Szekacs
OSOR.eu project officer

Szabolcs SZEKACS
European Commission, Informatics Directorate-General
European eGovernment Services (IDABC)
Office: MO34 3/116; B-1049 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 229 51885
idabc at ec.europa.eu

about OSOR. eu:

OSOR stands for European Open Source Observatory and Repository

Our main objective is to support the sharing of FLOSS – based eGovernment applications across Europe. To do so, OSOR offers the below services:

*	A Central pan-European Information platform including news, events, case studies etc.
*	A repository and registry providing visibility to OS projects and initiatives  allowing users to upload and download facilitating re-usability and community building across borders
*	A collaborative development environment providing technical, organisation and legal support. It provides facilities for the creation of code and content. It includes a “forge”, discussion forum etc..

It is funded by the European Commission.

Although the site is still in beta, we already host a number of projects and had around 10 000 downloads already.

For more information please visit OSOR.eu