[OpenID - Eu] [Marketing] Adaptability and declination of the OpenID logo

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Wed Feb 27 21:55:33 UTC 2008

Dear Sam,

Good links, thanks +1

But I not agree about the color
  If tomorrow we see everywhere the pink,
blue, red, rainbow
 OpenID logo
. Hum ;-)

= Confusion is not good!

I like the last version sent by =Nat

Cheers

-Snorri

De : marketing-bounces at openid.net [mailto:marketing-bounces at openid.net] De
la part de Sam Alexander
Envoyé : mercredi 27 février 2008 17:26
À : OpenID marketing
Cc : 'Randy Reddig'; 'Mark Cross'; david at sixapart.com; eu at openid.net;
'Johannes Ernst'
Objet : Re: [Marketing] Adaptability and declination of the OpenID logo

Another widely-used icon went through these same arguments. (see:
http://www.feedicon.com)

I suggest we adopt similar guidelines.

See: http://hecker.org/mozilla/feed-icon-faq for a decent summary of that
discussion.

I had proposed guidelines back in November, but we were still too knee deep
in IPR issues to visit them.

They are here:

http://openid.net/pipermail/general/2007-November/003679.html

It should be updated, since the new logo has been proposed, but the gist of
it is: don't alter the shape, it's okay to change the color as necessary.

It would be nice to come to an agreement so that we can post it and the
community can start using it.

-Sam