[OpenID - Eu] Mission Statement

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Fri Jun 1 13:53:45 UTC 2007

Chris,

The EU OIDF is owner of the Trademark OpenID in Europe.
You can look http://www.icimarques.com/ or http://oami.europa.eu/en/default.htm for example
I protected the mark to prevent that a company does not assert the OpenID mark.
(for another commercial use). But it's complicated because there is already much company in Europe which uses "OpenID" (but not for the framework).
For example in France : www.openid.fr, in Germany : www.openid.de  and in Romania OpenID.ro (close) that wants to make a lawsuit...
But we have good lawyers who works (And by the end of the year 2007, all should be ok).

But it's necessary to distinguish protection from the mark of the use.
For The use (copyright license, IPR policies...), there should be only one rule for worldwide!
And the OIDF (US) worked much for that... David can better speak about it! The draft is finish David? ;-)

Yes I see your point of view, but you speak about OP or RP? (for RP I think?)
But concretely, I don't understand what you want to say by "certification"?

Sincerely
-Snorri