[OpenID - Eu] Team - New EU Representatives

Artūras Orševskis ao at secudo.lt
Tue Dec 11 15:32:59 UTC 2007

Hello dear OpenID colleagues,
I've subscribed to Europe mailing list just a few weeks ago. This is my
first post and happily I can shred some light on the OpenID status in
Lithuania.

About me:
My name is Arthur Orsevski.
I have bachelor degree in Computer Science with specialization in Computer
Networks.
I'm hold ECCouncil <http://eccouncil.org/> certifications: CEH (Certified
Ethical Hacker) and LPT (Licensed Penetration Tester). On my way for
CISSP. I'm fluent in LT, RU, PL (native), EN.
I've started my carrer as helpdesk guy for
AmenWorld<http://www.amenworld.com/static/index_95.html>,
subsequently I bacame a HelpDesk department manager for UK customers. After
that I worked for Lithuanian IT&T company
Skaidula<http://www.skaidula.com/>as IT&T innovation project manager.
My role was to implement non-standard
solutions for VIP customers. Crown jewel of my efforts was call center
implemetation project for Lithuanian State Tax
Inspectorate<http://www.vmi.lt/en/>.
Next I became Sales director for one of the largest IT solution provider in
Baltic States - Alna <http://www.alna.com/about_alna/>.
Currently I run my own company SecuDO. Our core business is information
security related services. I'm a member of national
e-signature<http://www.signature.lt/>project group mentioned by Martin
Paljak earlier here. It is an ambitious
initiative backed up by government, major gsm operators, banks and
ministeries.

I found out about OpenID 3 months ago. The concept, the solution draw my
attention so I started some initiatives:
1) The first Lithuanian fully OpenID 2.0 compliant identity provider will be
launched and made available to general public for free within next few weeks
(kind of a Christmas present ;] ). It is currently undergoing beta testing.
2) I can't promise, but I'll do my best to have first OpenID enabled social
network site before Christmas too.
3) I started discussion with Lithuanian Students' Association to assign each
student OpenID. That will clarify right after we get the IDP running.
4) As a member of national e-signature project group, I proposed e-signature
and OpenID integration (kind of like Estonian colleagues already have, kudos
to Martin ;) ). I got initial approvement. There is a meeting of the
commitee scheduled for January where I'm going to present OpenID concept and
how it relates to e-signature. I've just got an idea, Martin, could you
consider to join this meeting in Vilnius?

I'm glad Audrius took a lead for OpenID in Lithuania. I hope his work and
efforts will add-up to the spreading of the OpenID word. Audrius, how about
a cup of tee this week. I'd like to get to know you.

Best wishes to all :)
Arthur