[Code] OpenId on no HTML user-agents

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:18:22 UTC 2010

Well, OAuth WRAP partially solves the problem because the protocol actually
has a profile that doesn't require a web browser.  It requires that the
client app collect the username+password of the user, which it then forwards
to the service provider in exchange for the WRAP token.

The downsides of this approach is that it depends on the user having a
username+password to begin with (which if it's a pure OpenID account, or
Infocard, etc. there won't be one) and it requires the user to disclose the
password to a third party.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death